11/2/15

Dinning Room Area - Inspiration (And Before Pictures)

FRENCH-RUSTIC DECOR
When you walk into the house, the first room you see is the dinning area. Given that it will be the main focus of the first floor, I've spent A LOT OF TIME thinking about the space. 

BEFORE
(Picture of our ''model home'').

DINNING AREA
Originally, I had intended to sell our dinning room table and simply buy a new one. You can see it here. But, after feeling so inspired by various wooden dinning room tables, I've decided to keep our current table in order to add to the overall rustic style of the house. I may paint it a different colors (maybe white or light blue) but I've decided to wait until we move into the house before making that decision.

DINNING CHAIRS

One thing I'm almost 100% sure (okay, maybe more like 99.9%), is that I want to paint my dinning chairs. Over the years, we've accumulated a total of 6 various wooden chairs that are just begging to be painted. Perhaps I should paint them all a different colors? I'm currently leaning towards painting half of them off-white, the other half baby-pink-beige. I may also change my mind completely... no surprises there.

DISPLAY

While I'm a big fan of variety, there is something I find quite appealing in the way these pictures are displayed. The simplicity of these picture frames is quite timeless yet very romantic. I'm thinking of displaying similar pictures frames on the wall just behind the dinning table.

Overall, my plan for this room is for the decorations to be simple, rustic and unique to make it welcoming for guests to feel comfortable as soon as they walk in the house. An overall french-rustic atmosphere.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment