11/5/15

Master bedroom - Inspiration (And Before Pictures)


To give you a sense of my style and inspiration for each room, I thought I would share some pictures that hopefully gives you an idea of where I'm heading in terms of style and decoration. 

MASTER BEDROOM
I've had lots of fun coming up with ideas for the master bedroom given that even if it's not the main focus of the house, it's definitely an area of the house where we are going to spend almost half of our time. My first ideas were ALL white with various shades of blue (i.e. bedspread, etc.). I even thought about a nice bedspread with flowers but - that idea was quickly turned down when I shared it with Stephane.

BEFORE
(Pictures of our 'model home').

GREY
Therefore, I switched my focus to various shades of greys. Greys are not gender specific yet they bring a sense of calm and relaxation. Also, greys being neutral, they provide plenty of opportunity for different pops of colors. I knew I wanted to have the ability to change a few colors in the bedroom depending on the season therefore - grey it is.

RUSTIC
I also loved the idea of waking up in the morning feeling like I've spent the night at a cottage. The wood wall really makes the difference in helping the room feel very rustic. I'm not quite sure how I will make it happen yet but I've already found plenty of cheap DIY options on Pinterest. Can't wait to see the outcome!


Wooden furniture? Love it! Why not re-purpose a wooden ladder into a mini book display. Although, I would probably use it to display some pictures frames and perhaps lay a few wooden sticks just for decoration purposes. 


Given that our house will not actually be a cottage, I also don't want to over do it in terms of adding wood to every single piece of decoration. Therefore, I'm also thinking about mixing the wooden objects with metal objects. In the picture above, they used dark metal for their ceiling lamp, their bedside lamps as well as the curtain rod. I love how it adds balance to the overall texture of the room.

ACCESSORIES


I'm also thinking about mix-matching various styles by adding various patterns such as polka-dots and/or tribal patterns. Adding lighter pillows to an otherwise darker bedroom would help counter-balance the overall feel to the bedroom.

I hope this helps you get a sense of the direction I'm going to take in terms of decoration each room of the house. It definitely helps me figuring it all out went it comes to writing down my thoughts and ideas on this blog.

- Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment