11/17/15

Junior's Bedroom - Inspiration (and before pictures)

LEGO THEME
This little boy LOVES Legos. When Steph was younger, he used to have TONS of Legos and would play around with them even when he was a teenager. Junior definitely inherited the Lego gene. Therefore, we've decided to make his room a Lego themed bedroom.


LEGO ACCESSORIES
While I don't plan to go overboard with the theme, my goal is to have various Lego theme accessories throughout the room. For instance, he will be getting a (really nice!) Lego themed bedspread. I've also found these really cool Lego vinyl stickers as pictured above on Etsy (link here).


BEFORE PICTURES (from the model home)
Still not quite sure what to do with these closet doors. They aren't horrible but, for some reason, it reminds me of 1970's houses. Not my style. A project I will tackle down the line. Not a priority.

HIDING SPOT/ READING NOOK
I love that he will have a little reading nook (aka bay window). I've always wanted one as a child. I'm thinking of putting a whole bunch of pillows on the floor and put a row of curtains to divide it from the rest of the bedroom. Therefore, he could have his little hideaway spot in his own bedroom. Oh the days when I used to squeeze into my tiny closet to have my own little hiding spot. Memories! I'm also thinking about painting one of the walls with chalk paint so he could let his creativity fly whenever he wants.

LITTLE DETAILS
To balance the Lego theme, I also plan on adding various little details to the room like adding dinosaurs handles to a dresser. I'm also considering changing the ceiling lamp in his bedroom into something more fun. Any suggestions?

I think out of all of the rooms in the house, this might just be the one I'm MOST excited to decorate. Perhaps its because I feel like when it comes to kid's bedrooms, you can really let your creativity run loose. Can't wait! This will probably be one of the rooms I will start decorating first. 

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment